Axel has white hair and blue eyes. He wears a red and blue outfit and a grey pants. His weapon of choice is a two-handed sword.
Axel got involved with Razro and Lino En Kuldes during the Island Liberation War. He initially rejected Razro's plea to join him in his quest to liberate the islands because Na-Nal was already occupied by the Kooluk, and Axel and his father seemed to be satisfied with it, even to the point of branding Razro and Lino "rude". Just to pacify Razro, he sent him to the Great Elven Tree to find some Elven Medicine. Soon after he obtained the medicine, Axel gave it to the Kooluk soldiers. Whilst Razro and his friends were making their way back from the Great Elven Tree, they were imprisoned by the elven chief. They were only given a cryptic message: "You shall see the tragedy first-hand".
The highly-sought Elven Medicine turned out to be poison. Axel did not know that this was a ploy by Selma's father to drive the Kooluk off the island, and he was extremely horrified by their behaviour. He and his father finally accepted Razro's plea and joined the Island Liberation Navy. After the war, he became the Chief of Na-Nal.
At the Fall of Kooluk, he joined Kyril on his way to Caleron at the request of King Lino En Kuldes. While he was with Kyril's group, he and Mitsuba had a duel and eventually he lost and Mitsuba take his 1000 Potch. He became close with Selma and they planned to go back to Na-Nal Island and start a serious dicussion between humans and elves after the fighting with Kooluk ends.
Role in the GameEdit
Axel Joins automatically after liberating Na-Nal.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|"Everyone... I'm sorry!!"|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|"We give up! We surrender!"|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
Weapon Type: Heavy Sword
Weapon Starting Level: 1
|Name||Sword||High Sword||Grand Sword|
Axel can participate in the Giant Sword B Attack.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Axel: What the heck is that supposed to mean? Ah, who cares?! Bring it on!
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Axel: That darn elf! Actually, it's no big deal. I-I don't think there's anyone in particular that I can't handle.
- Axel: I don't know, he seems a little reserved. He could be more of a "take charge" kind of person.
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Axel: Well... The other day, I was half asleep... and I grabbed onto Chiepoo, thinking he was the blanket... I never thought he'd feel so good... But now, I feel so awful thinking about it!
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Axel: Well, that's not surprising!
- Axel: Wh-Why?!!
Well, since I'm working under you now, I just wanted to post a greeting. I look forward to working with you.
Since coming on board, I've talked to all sorts of people, and maybe elves aren't so bad. It's just a little thought I had. Just a little one.
Axel is very slow. His best ability is his strength. Early on, he is one of the few characters that can equip heavy armor, so he could be useful as a front-line attacker.
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Battle Suit||Hero's Armor/Holy Armor|
|Hand||None||Hand of God/Pirate King Bracers/Ogre Breath|
|None||Razril Knight Token|
|None||Dried Grass Amulet|
Skills: Suikoden Tactics
Here are the List of Skills that Axel can learn.
•Counter Attack •Smash •Battle Lust •Armor Defense
•Critical Hit •Hidden Power •Extra Move •Godspeed •Jump
Axel can participate in the Giant Sword Attack.
Permanent Death: Yes
Are you kidding?
I can't take it anymore... Get me outta here!
Sorry, but I'm in a wreck.
Sorry, this is how it ends...
Kyril can send him on a mission.
I'm on it!
This is how it happened...
Yeah! That's what I'm talkin' about!
Everyone fails once in a while.