Camus was born in Camaro and he comes from a family of knights. Due to the Tradition of Camaro, only his older brother was allowed to enter the Free Knights of Camaro. He went to Matilda Knightdom and take the entry examination. There he rises rapidly through the ranks eventually becoming the youngest ever Captain of the Red Knights. He also became friends with Miklotov, the captain of the Blue Knights.
Camus is a calm person, acting in a rational way, in contrast to his friend Miklotov who is overractive. Camus always keeps an eye on Miklotov to make sure he don't do anything stupid. On their initial appearance, he is somewhat of a gentleman when he offers an apology to Nanami when Gorudo rudely barges out of her way. Especially during the siege in Rockaxe when he was put on Riou's party, he calls Nanami as "Miss".
Suikoden II 
Later in the war, after seeing how merciless Gorudo is and being instructed to arrest Miklotov, he breaks his oath and leaves his position as Captain of the Red Knights and he joined the New State Army along with Miklotov.
After the war, he reformed the Matilda Knightdom along with Miklotov and then journeyed to the Grasslands.
Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2
After the leader activates his "True Rune" Camus is caught in the maelstrom of flames trying to protect Maki who had fallen and twisted her ankle.
He survives, just, only to wake when the Mayor of Milit, Clad, enters the room and demands the members of the New State Army leave the village immediately due them stealing the village's food supplies six months previous. After the liberating Matilda during the war, a rogue band of soldiers from the New State Army pillaged Milit. Shocked at the revelation both Camus and Miklotov vow to kill the "Keeper of the Flames" bandits to dispel any ill thoughts of the newly formed Dunan Republic.
When the bandits show to collect their tribute Nash, Camus and Miklotov along with the Lampdragon Bandits fight them. The leader powers up his rune but is impaled by a dagger thrown by Camus which has been magically charmed to seal any Rune Magic. Camus and Miklotov engage him with their swords and quickly overpower and kill him with a deadly dual attack. They unmask him and it is revealed he was the former Captain of the White Knights of Matilda, Clant.
Following the conclusion to the battle, both Camus and Miklotov continue on in their journey through the Grasslands.
Role in the Game
Camus is a well rounded character apart from his speed which is a bit lacking. His stats lean towards being physical attacker however his permanently attached Rage Rune prevents him from using the Double-Beat Rune and Fury Rune combo.
Weapon Type: Sword
Weapon Range: S
Weapon Starting Level: 8
- Head - N/A
- R. Hand - Rage Rune (Permanently attached)
- L. Hand - None (Acquired at level 47)
- Weapon - No rune attached.
Camus has a Rage Rune permanently equipped. Surprisingly he has a higher affinity for wind magic than fire magic so equipping a Wind Rune which would eventually be replaced with a Cyclone Rune is not a bad idea. Otherwise you could equip a Double-Beat Rune or Fury Rune to make use of his high strength.
Camus is a Support Unit that provides 0+ ATK and +1 DEF.
- Cavalry - Move in a 3-grid area.
"A knight must do more than fight. Retreat for now!"
"Damn... I never thought I would die like this..."
Position: Cavalry Captain
"I heard that if he fights together with Miklotov, they can do a 'KnightAttack'."
"He's originally from the Grasslands, but he moved to Matilda when he was young and took the test to become a knight. He and Miklotov became knights on thesame day."
"He's got rough manners, but he's a knight all the way. That guy is as toughas nails."
"In between slicing up bad guys, this brave knight likes to eat Western food. It's Camus!!!"
- "I beg of you...please protect Miklotov."
- "We are no longer Knights, but we still possess our hearts and our skills. Surely they will aid you."
- "Luca Blight is a tough opponent...we're all going to have to be tougher."
- "For the honor of the Knighthood! We shall be victorious!!!!!!"
- Camus is one of only two characters to be equipped permanently with the Rage Rune. The other is Rina, when her Fire Rune is upgraded.
- Strangely, his best magic ability is Wind Rune rather than Fire Rune.
- The color of his hair in his CGI artwork in Suikoden II and Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2 is burnt orange, while in his game dubbing icon, his hair is auburn, similar to Seed's.
- In Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2, for the first time in manga, Camus is seen in shirtless while being treated his injuries by the Village Elder in Milit. Camus and his childhood friend Maki had a conversation together as well as Miklotov, when he retells their past of dueling each other, and they were promoted as Captains before their defection.
|Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2|
|Maki • Camus • Miklotov • Lo Wen • Gijimu • Koyu • Rina • Eilie • Bolgan • Lena • Bright • Futch • Humphrey • Meg • Millie • Gadget • Bonaparte • Viki • Julie|
|Clad • Gilbert • Aisha • Jonah • Butz • Tony • Tony's Daughter • Yuzu • Valeria • Anita • Apple • Sheena • Oulan • Milich • Vincent • Esmeralda • Simone • Lorelai • Killey • Riou • Jowy • Nanami • Kasumi • Tir • Viki • Abizboah • Rulodia • Chuchura • Sasarai • Dominguez|
|Clant • Parge • Wang • Stella • Zaj|
|Caleria • Clotteo Church • Crystal Valley • Marid • Milit|
|Flame Champion • Music List • Returning Characters • Exclusive Characters • Characters Name|