- "Rune Cannon, f-f-fire!"
- —Desmond, Suikoden IV
Despite not being an active playable member, he has excellent Fire Rune firing ability.
One day, princess Flare went out to patrol the sea with Desmond. While patrolling, they saw a boat floating on the Kuknasi Sea. Desmond decided to lend a hand on the passenger of the boat. He called princess Flare and he told that Razro, a young boy who is one of the passenger of the boat had the Rune of Punishment on his left hand. Desmond along with princess Flare and the passengers went to the Kingdom of Obel to see King Lino En Kuldes.
After meeting with Lino En Kuldes, he first showed the place where Razro and his friends could stay, which later turned out to be a ship. He joined Razro's army when the Kooluk invaded Obel and Lino En Kuldes was forced to leave. Onboard the ship, he can be approached if Razro wishes to change party members or look at the roster (though he can do the latter manually). She developed a crush to Louise a woman who manage the bar. After the war, he feel depressed for a while when Louise left, but now he works diligently under Setsu.
Role in the GameEdit
Desmond joins automatically after obtaining a place to stay on the Kingdom of Obel.
By speaking with Desmond, Razro can change out his party members or alternate party members.
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Desmond: O-O-Okay.
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Desmond: Someone as insignificant as I should not be commenting about such things.
- Desmond: W-Well... He does a tough job, but he does it without a word of complaint, so I think he is amazing!
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Desmond: Well, everyone has worked equally hard so that we can live in comfort, so... It is not really an apology, but I am always grateful, yes.
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Desmond: *sigh*... Th-Thank goodness...
- Desmond: E-Eeek!
It seems like hard work, managing such a large saloon all by herself. If she would take me, I would be happy to give her a hand... Would that not work?
Please take care of Lady Flare. After all, she is Obel's princess.