The Earth Rune is a type of rune in the Suikoden series.
It allows the user to cast earth magic, which is mostly support magic but also has some attack spells. The Earth Rune has appeared in every main Suikoden game.
There is a stronger version of the Earth Rune called the Mother Earth Rune.
- Clay Guardian* (土の守ご神): Defense 1.5x for 1 ally.
- This spell is broken and does nothing in game
- Voice of Earth (大地のこえ): 300 damage to all enemies.
- Copper Flesh (はがねの身体): Invincibility for 3 turns to 1 ally (no damage nor healing taken).
- Earthquake (ふるえる大地): 700 damage to all enemies.
The Earth Rune restores 3 HP during combat and increases defense +5 when embedded into a weapon.
- "Mostly support magic"
- Clay Guardian (土の守護神): Increase defense for 1 ally.
- Revenge Earth (ふくしゅうの大地): Give 1 ally 100% accuracy with retaliatory attacks for three turns.
- Canopy Defense (守りの天がい): Repel one spell cast on group.
- Earthquake (ふるえる大地): 800 damage to all enemies on the ground.
- Clay Guardian: Physical defense and magical defense improved, lowers damage 15%.
- Vengeful Child: Protects one pair from all magic once.
- Guardian Earth: Cures enemy and allies of all status and field effects.
- Earthquake: 800 damage to all enemies on the ground.
- Clay Guardian: Increase physical and magical defense by 30%.
- Vengeful Child: Defend against one magic attack for 1 ally.
- Guardian Earth: Cure all status effects for all allies.
- Earthquake: 800 damage to all earthbound enemies.
- Earth Force: Changes elemental terrain to Earth.
- Clay Guardian: Increases PDF + MDF. Changes terrain to Earth Element.
- Vengeful Child: Protects 1 ally from one magic spell/skill. Changes elemental terrain.
- Earthquake: Randomly attacks non-flying units standing on Earth Element terrain.
- Clay Guardian: Raises all allies physical defense and magical defense for three turns.
- Vengeful Child: Protects 1 ally from one spell.
- Guardian Earth: Removes status effects for all allies.
- Earthquake: 800 damage to all land-based enemies.