Flare is the beautiful, brave and kindhearted daughter of the King of Obel, Lino En Kuldes and the Queen of Obel. The music box with a very nice melody is the only memento left by her mother. Unknown to her, Razro is her younger brother. Flare doesn't like to be called in a formal way as Princess Flare, and prefers to be called by her name.
Before the Island Liberation War, Flare was patrolling the Kuknasi Sea, looking for bandits. While patrolling she found Razro and his friends floating at the sea on a small boat. She took them aboard and brought them to her father, the King of Obel.
One night, when the Kooluk Army attacked Obel, Flare was inside the castle and worried about her father and their comrades. Luckily, they resisted the first assault. A few days later, the Kooluk fleets started to attack again, but this time Kooluk had the upper hand and Obel was taken over by the Kooluk Army. Lino and Razro's group had no other choice but to escape the island. Flare, along with Setsu, decided to stay in Obel to help protect the remaining people of the island. Her plan was to keep the people's hope up, and away from harm.
Flare helped reclaim Obel by following Elenor Silverberg's orders to take control over the Kooluk Ships, After her father and Razro took back Obel, she joined forces with the Island Liberation Navy. When the war ended, she continued to patrol the seas, frightening all those that cross her path.
At the Fall of Kooluk, King Lino sent her daughter, Flare, to help Kyril on his mission at the Kooluk Empire. While she was in Kyril's group, she became pretty close with the princess of Kooluk, Corselia. She invited Frederica to work for Obel; Flare was glad to work with Seneca. After returning to Obel, Flare, Frederica and everyone disposed of the muzzles attached to the Rune Cannons that were still in the Island Nations.
Role in the GameEdit
Flare joins automatically after liberating Obel.
Flare is decent long range mage with high skill and speed but mediocre strength. She can be used for the Barrage Attack, but by the time she joins the party you probably have trained another version of the attack.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
|Head||Silver Circlet||Venus Comb|
|Body||Silver Chain||Venus Armor|
|Other 1||none||Lucky Ring|
|Other 2||none||Lucky Ring|
|Other 3||none||Lucky Ring|
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
Weapon Type: Bow
Weapon Starting Level: 1
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Flare: Wh-What is this?
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Flare: I've only boarded this ship recently... So, I can't possibly say anything about anyone else.
- Flare: I feel sorry for him... No, that's not right. I want him to do well...
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Flare: Desmond doesn't seem very suited to the battlefield. Up until now, I've taken him with me on my patrol ship. Maybe I've done that against his own will... If that is the case, I want to apologize.
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Flare: Whew... That was a little nerve-wracking. Well then... It's time to go back.
- Flare: No!! Y-You think... you can get away with doing this?! I swear this isn't the end!!
I feel like it's really starting to stick out lately... I should tell him to exercise.
My mother's memento, the music box... It has a very nice melody. Would you like to listen to it with me next time?
When you return to the world map by choosing "Depart" after visiting the Obel Palace in Chapter 9, Flare will meet up and join your party.
Flare is with you longer and you will need her more, overall. With both Bull's Eye and Sniper in her skill repertoire, a Berserker Belt can be put on her, and she'll still shoot a fly out from between its wings. She's got good EVA, but as an archer, it shouldn't be tested very often. She has a great unite with Corselia, and an awkward but powerful one with Lino.
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Chain Mail||Venus Armor|
|Hand||Leather Gloves||Venus Gloves/Pirate King Bracers|
|None||Killer Ring/Counter Ring|
|None||Hero's Cape/Magical Cape|
|None||Star Earring/Fancy Necklace|
|None||Razril Knight Token|
|None||Dried Grass Amulet|
Skills: Suikoden Tactics
Here are the List of Skills that Flare can learn.
•Sniper •Battle Lust •Critical Hit •Bull's Eye
•Dodge •Hidden Power •Guard •Godspeed
Permanent Death: No
Kyril can't send her on a mission.
- Flare is an automatic recruit in both Suikoden IV and Suikoden Tactics.
- All of her weapon names are based of Egyptian Gods.