Gretchen is a dedicated swordswoman. She was an instructor in the Marines Academy in Razril.
During the Island Liberation War, after the Island Liberation Navy liberated Razril, Gretchen found herself in Razril and her ultimate wish was to join the navy. Luckily Razro, the leader of the navy, was doing his round and met Gretchen. Razro allowed her to join the navy and Gretchen became his personal bodyguard along with Millay and Helga. On the Dauntless, she believed that no swordsman was better than her, but after meeting many people who were strong and better than her in swordsplay, her belief changed. After the war, she teached swordsmanship at the Marines Academy in Razril.
Role in the GameEdit
After liberating Razril, speak to Gretchen next to the armor shop in Razril.
Gretchen is a good physical attacker with high defense and average skill in magic. While she has okay magical stats and above affinity in fire magic, it would generally be better to give her a Double Strike Rune to make use of both her higher strength and defense, or a Flowing Rune for back up support while still dealing higher damage physically. Compared to her main competition in the Allure Attack 3rd spot, Ameria, she has higher strength and defense, while Ameria as superior speed, evasion and magic.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
Weapon Type: Sword
Weapon Starting Level: 1
|Name||Long Sword||War Sword||Night Sword|
Gretchen can participate in the Allure Attack.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Gretchen: I-I understand.
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Gretchen: Umm... well...
- Keen: Are you saying there is no one?
- Gretchen: Well, there is Ms. Millay... Every time she opens her mouth, it's all about Sir Razro. Can we just leave it at that?
- Gretchen: Well... I am grateful to him for allowing me to join the Island Liberation Navy.
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Gretchen: I am on board this ship right now. There is no joy greater than that. For that, I am truly thankful.
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Gretchen: Phew...
- Gretchen: ...!! Whoa!!
Joining the Island Liberation Navy was my ultimate wish. I am grateful to be accepted as part of your group.
Until now, I had thought there was no one who was a better swordsman than I, but everyday now, I learn that that is hardly the case.
It was a mistake to board the ship with a chain mail... I wash it daily, but it is always on the verge of rusting!
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Chain Mail||Hero's Armor/Venus Armor|
|Hand||None||Pirate King Bracers/Venus Gloves|
|None||Killer Ring/Counter Ring|
|None||Hero's Cape/Magical Cape|
|None||Star Earring/Fancy Necklace|
|None||Razril Knight Token|
|None||Dried Grass Amulet|
Skills: Suikoden Tactics
Here are the List of Skills that Gretchen can learn.
•Counter Attack •Battle Lust •Bull's Eye •Critical Hit •Mind's Eye
•Hidden Power •Godspeed •Guard
|Name||Long Sword||War Sword||N/A|
Permanent Death: Yes
I'll do whatever it takes.
Well, I'll be leaving.
Sorry, but this is as far as I go.
Sorry, I'm still recovering.
Kyril can send her on a mission.
I'll give it a whirl.
Here's my report...
I'm so very sorry.