Josephine is a narcissist from the New Armes Kingdom. She is the eldest daughter of the House of Valya, and it is revealed that she has an older brother, Shula Valya. She was overshadowed by her brother's success, which then created a certain dislike for her own brother. Despite being a member of a wealthy family, she ran away from her home. This was because she didn't like the culture or the fashion styles around her, nor did she enjoy her real name, Yuma Valya, in which she changed her name to Josephine. She considers herself a Fashion Diva, and enjoys making clothes She even creates clothes for the Prince to wear, which all look like costumes of monsters such as a Creeper.
During the Sun Rune War, after meeting Sialeeds or Sharmista in Haud Village, she joined in the Loyalist Army and stayed at Ceras Lake Castle. Later when Shula Valya joined the Loyalist Army, she met him and her true identity was revealed by her brother. After learning that Luserina Barows has a terrible brother, she feels pity for her and she realizes and feels happy that her brother was better than Euram Barows. After the war, Josephine hauled back home, wherein she promptly runs away again and headed north in search of more sophisticated culture.
Role in the Game
Josephine's Red Rose Rune gives her a bit more power on the frontline than a typical magic caster but she lacks power that previous users possessed. She can be one of the earliest dedicated mages you can acquire in the game if you recruit her with Sialeeds as early as possible and she has pretty good rune affinity making her more versatile than Sialeeds if raised properly.
Weapon Type: Parasol
Weapon Range: S
Weapon Starting Level: 1
Josephine has no known unite attacks.
Josephine gives the military unit she accompanies two uses of the Rage Rune.
- Josephine is a young lady who searched throughout Haud Village for culture. Culture. In Haud Village. I´m not going to say anything...
- She apparently makes all of those odd clothes and parasols herself. Good for her.
- What a shock, eh? I'd heard the rumors about the Valya family's daughter running away, but who would've thought it would turn out to be Josephine? By the way, it's a moot point now, but good thing Lord Barows never found out.
- For You
I've come up with the perfect costume for Your Highness! (There's a drawing here that looks just like a Holly Elf...)
- A Second Attempt!
I guess Your Highness didn't like the costume I spent all that time coming up with. Well, how about this one? (There's a drawing here that looks just like a Blade Bunny...)
- A Third Attempt!
- As is typical of characters from the Chichin Star, speaking with Josephine will often change the music to the infamous "Gorgeous Scarleticia" track that is often associated with the Narcissist characters.
- When Josephine gets the last blow on an enemy, she'll say "My name is Josephine". At first it just sounds like she's introducing herself; however later on it is found out that her birth name is Yuma but refuses to be called that and will only respond to Josephine.