She hunts for the secrets of the Sindar race, and claims to be one. She prefers her companions be stronger than her, so they don't slow her down.
During the Sun Rune War, in the Queendom of Falena, she falls in with Prince Freyjadour Falenas and Zweig to explore the Ceras Lake ruins, revealing Sindar ruins using the Dawn Rune. While exploring one such ruin, she encounters Viki, and later Lorelai recognizes Viki and insists upon meeting her before, but Viki has no recollection of meeting her. Lorelai remains with the prince throughout the war in order to explore all the Sindar ruins in Falena. She is a rival to Killey, who also searches for the secrets of the Sindar. After the war, Lorelai helps herself to Zweig's research materials and departs for the Scarlet Moon Empire. On the way she changes from using her whip to using a bow as her weapon.
Before the Toran Liberation War, Lorelai came to the Scarlet Moon Empire in search of Sindar Ruins. She met Tir in Kouan and accepted to join his army when she could tell he was a stronger fighter than she. She remained throughout the war, but found no Sindar ruins to speak of. After the war, Lorelai continued her search for Sindar ruins in the newly created Toran Republic. She once again changed weapons, discarding her bow for a halberd given to her by Kirke.
During the Dunan Unification War, while in Gregminster, Lorelai encounters Riou, and joins him to learn of Ruins in Dunan. She once again encounters Killey as a member of the New State Army. She remains with them through the end of the war. After the war, Lorelai departs for Kanakan in order to beat Killey to the Sindar ruins rumored to be there.
Role in the GameEdit
Lorelai is an effective back row attacker with her bow, though this is offset by her mediocre magic parameter.
Weapon Type: Bow
Weapon Range: L
Weapon Starting Level: 5
|Name||Short Bow||Silver Bow||Magic Bow|
Since her magic parameter never climbs to a sufficient number to make good use of spells, it is recommended to give her a Hazy Rune to help her avoid certain enemies' long distance attacks.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
Lorelai has no Unite Attacks.
Lorelai is a balanced physical attacker and magic user, and with her spear can operate from the front or rear rows.
Weapon Type: Scythe
Weapon Range: M
Weapon Starting Level: 6
Lorelai now wields Kirke's scythe named from Tarot cards.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
|Other 1||Thunder Amulet||'|
|Other 2||Mega Medicine (x4)||'|
|Other 3||Fur Cape||'|
Lorelai is a Support Unit that provides +0 ATK and +2 DEF.
"It can't be the end...."
"Why must my journey end here......"
- Secret: #1
From: Queendom of Falena
- Secret: #2
"Basically, she's searching for the secrets of the Sindar, but 3 years ago she took part in the Toran Liberation War. I heard she's only interested in strong men."
- Secret: #3
"The Sindar are a mysterious tribe that came from the north and left ruins in every land they visited. They finally went south and just disappeared."
- Secret: #4
"She's got lots of rivals that are trying to solve the riddle of the Sindar before her. Lemme tell ya though, she's crushed more than a few competitors in her lifetime....."
- Tell me
Tell me if you find any new clues about the Sindar. Don't tell you know who!
"Oh lovely lady wanderer, what is that awaits you when you reach your destination? It's Lorelai!!!"
Lorelai is a well rounded mid-range fighter with good magic and a high multi-hit rate with her whip. Due to having the Treasure Hunter Skill permanently equipped it is important to decide whether to make Lorelai specialize in magic or bolster her agility and technique skills to make her a strong fighter. She has good scores with Lightning magic and while her attack power is low, her whip has a higher combo than most weapons.
Weapon Type: Whip
Weapon Range: M
Weapon Starting Level: 1
|Name||Leather Whip||Chain Whip||Ninetail Whip|
- Lorelai is a gorgeous girl (if I do say so,) devoted to pursuing the Sindar civilazation´s mysteries. But she´s quite a mystery herself.
- On one of her "expeditions," she wound up trapped in the Deep Twilight Forest´s ruins... with Killey. She won´t say how they got out, but I heard her mumble something about Viki. But Viki...well, Viki sounds clueless about it.
- I´ve seen Gavaya follow Lorelai, Hazuki, and Norma around. They´re all very pretty girls, so I guess I can understand how he feels, but still...
Is it true that Your Highness freed Killey from Agate Prison? Big mistake, if you ask me.
He gets all the way to those ruins and then he just leaves...What is he up to?
- A Rumor
There's a fake rumor going around that I've been bullying Viki. It's totally not true. She's the one that opened that hole in the forest ruins' ceiling and let me out. I just wanted to know why she keeps denying it, that's all.
- In Suikoden II, recruiting Lorelai with Killey in your party will produce extra dialogue as the two banter about their past encounters.
- In Suikoden V, freeing Killey from its cell in Agate Prison while having Lorelai in your party give you extra dialogues as well.
- In Suikoden V, Lorelai's interest in Viki is a reference to their amusing encounter in the side story Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 2.
- Lorelai has used a different weapon in every appearance she's made in the main series. Starting with a bow in the first game, she moved on to a poleaxe in the second and then to a whip in the fifth. This suggests that Lorelai is a very well rounded and capable fighter, and is further reflected in that her recruitment usually involves being at a high level.
|SUIKOGAIDEN Vol. 2|
|Maki • Camus • Miklotov • Lo Wen • Gijimu • Koyu • Rina • Eilie • Bolgan • Lena • Bright • Futch • Humphrey • Meg • Millie • Gadget • Bonaparte • Viki • Julie|
|Clad • Gilbert • Aisha • Jonah • Butz • Tony • Tony's Daughter • Yuzu • Valeria • Anita • Apple • Sheena • Oulan • Milich • Vincent • Esmeralda • Simone • Lorelai • Killey • Riou • Jowy • Nanami • Kasumi • Tir • Viki • Abizboah • L'Roladia • Chuchura • Sasarai • Dominguez|
|Clant • Parge • Wang • Stella • Zaj|
|Caleria • Clotteo Church • Crystal Valley • Marid • Milit|
|Flame Champion • Music List • Returning Characters • Exclusive Characters • Characters Name|