She is not only the Prince's loyal protector, but his dearest friend, and a possible love interest. She accompanies the Prince everywhere, often serving as his mouthpiece (since the Prince is a silent protagonist). Lyon is 16 years old at the beginning of the Sun Rune War.
Originally named Mismar, Lyon was trained in her youth to be a member of Nether Gate. Ferid rescued her from Nether Gate, renamed her Lyon, and discreetly had Oboro (unsuccessfully) locate her parents. To repay Ferid's kindness, Lyon decided to become the Prince's bodyguard and trained hard as a Queen's Knight apprentice.
During the New Queen's Campaign, Lyon is mortally wounded by Dolph (whom she knew as Michafute) while protecting the Prince. She is saved from death by the Dawn Rune and Galleon's medical skills, but falls into a coma. To save her, the Prince sets out to unlock the powers of the Dawn Rune with Miakis, Zweig, and Lorelai. He eventually returns and successfully heals her with newfound powers. After spending time recuperating and exercising, she returns to aid the Prince during the siege of Sol-Falena. She becomes the new bearer of the Twilight Rune after Sialeeds, the previous owner, die and the rune choose Lyon as its new host.
Lyon duels and defeats Dolph in the Sun Ruins, but ends up sacrificing her life again for the Prince, passing the Twilight Rune onto him. If the Prince has acquired all 108 Stars of Destiny, the Dawn, Twilight, and Sun Runes combine to miraculously revive her. She either becomes the youngest-ever Queen's Knight alongside the Prince, who becomes Commander of the Knights, or she joins Prince on his journey toward the northern continents with Georg.
Role in the GameEdit
Lyon joins automatically at the start of the game.
Unlike many of the past Suikoden heroes' main companions, Lyon is exceptional in numerous ways. Her stats are just like Prince Freyjadour Falenas, only a bit lacking in magic and HP, but she has more speed than him. Her attack is just as strong as the Prince's and she can strike the enemy multiple times often. She also has access to the Twilight Rune later in the game, giving her spellcasting options. Equipping her with a damage boosting rune is a suggested setup, as this can help to increase the output of her frequent multiple strikes.
- Head - Medium
- Body - Chain
- Hand - Medium
- Foot - Medium
- HP: 705
- LV1: 9
- LV2: 9
- LV3: 5
- LV4: 2
- ATK: 642
Weapon Type: Nagamaki
Weapon Range: M
Weapon Starting Level: 1
|Sword of Magic||A|
|All Out Strike||SS|
Lyon can't lead a military unit, but she grants the Prince's infantry unit two uses of the Charge ability.
Later in the game, she is granted the ability to use the Twilight Rune in battle.
- You know Lyon better than I do, but here goes... Ferid took her in 8 years ago, and she displayed remarkable skill with a blade. She was then chosen to become both a Queen´s Knight apprentice and Your Highness´ bodyguard.
- Actually, if you want to know, Ferid once asked me to find her real parents, I checked everywhere, but... nothing. Lyon´s probably better off not knowing about that, though...
- I remember Lyon when she used to be in Nether Gate. As striking as her skills were, what sticks in my memory most is the colour of her eyes. You know what I mean, right?
- Dear Prince
I am very sorry I couldn't protect you. Please don't worry about me. Just carry on with your princely duties.
- After Lyon becomes injured, the player can use codes to that allow Lyon to appear in the party during future events, until her subsequent return at least. (Sun-Falena major battles)
- When the player uses codes to put Lyon into their party, her phrase is: "Let's go Prince."
- If one has Lyon unlocked with codes while also having Georg in the party, the player can use the Unite attack Falena's Finest during the fights against: Jidan Guisu or Bahram Luger, Dilber Novum, Sialeeds Falenas (Stormfist), and Shepcesska (Depends if you visited the ruins and found Eresh but haven't complete her request, and if you have not recruited Euram Barows.)
- After Lyon gets the Twilight Rune, in the last major battle, she is unable to use it properly because the preparation time was short and her magic ability is neither as powerful as the Prince's nor Sialeeds'.
- Lyon's relationship, role, and background in the story is very similar to Gremio's from Suikoden and Nanami's from Suikoden II.
- Lyon and Gremio share the Tenei Star.
- Lyon and Gremio were rescued in their youth by the hero's father on the battlefield, resulting in their devotion to them.
- Lyon, Gremio and Nanami both share a strong love and care for their game's respective hero, just under different aspects. In Lyon's case; an implied crush, in Gremio case; a parental love, and on Nanami's case; a fraternal love.
- All three have served as a surrogate family member to the hero as they grew up.
- All three "died" protecting the hero and can be revived by collecting the 108 Stars of Destiny in the Best Endings of their games.
- In one of her endings, she joins the hero as a wandering companion, much like Gremio and Nanami do in their best endings.
- All of Lyon's weapon names are named after flowers.