Mao is a Mycologist and the twin of Nao.
He is first seen by Razro in the "Forbidden Room", which Tov does not remember constructing for the Dauntless. The Forbidden Room actually turns out to be the Cultivation Room. Here, Mao works with Nao, though the two scientists are at loggerheads with each other. Mao grows mushrooms whilst Nao grows mint, and each one always says to the other that he cannot continue cultivating his plants.
The Cultivation Room can be found on the fifth deck of the ship. Mao will periodically ask Lazlo about the room brightness, temperature and ventilation - these three determine what kind of mushrooms will be produced.
- In the Cultivation Room you can grow Mushroom.
- You can adjust the Humidity, Temperature, Room's Brightness, Room Ventilation and the Fertilizer needed for the Mushroom and Mint.
- By adjusting the Humidity, Temperature and etc. of the room you can grow different Mint and Mushroom.
- You can Visit Mao at 5th Deck inside the Dauntless.
- Mao shares the room with Nao
Role in the GameEdit
After launching your ship at sea, rest in your room and when you try to leave Tov will mention a odd presence in a room he doesn't remember building. On the 5th floor of your ship, enter the first room on the left and talk to Mao and he'll join you.
Mao "creates" a room that Tov doesn't remember building and grows mushrooms. He'll allow you to grow some as well and give the mushroom when it's harvested.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Mao: Hehehe...
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- 'Mao: I don't know... I don't know... anything like that...
- Mao: Hehehe...
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Mao: I don't have anything in particular...
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Mao: Heh...
- Mao: ...!! Just you remember this... Heh... heh... heh
The precious mushrooms that I worked hard to grow... Please be good to them. Hehe.
The mint... The mint... It disturbs the sacred ground of mushrooms... Please help, please help. Sir Razro...
If it's just a little, I won't mind sharing some. I won't give any to greedy people.