He is overprotective regarding Isabel and if someone insults, disrespects or tries to fool Isabel, Mathias is willing to throw that person's loathsome corpse in the river or sea.
During the Sun Rune War, Mathias went with Isabel to the Queendom of Falena, due to the false rumor about Freyjadour Falenas evil deeds. In Estrise, unknowing Freyjadour's physical appearance, Mathias and Isabel rescued him from thugs.
Later, Mathias and Isabel allied themselves with Euram Barows, who arranged a meeting with Freyjadour in Haud Village. When Isabel switched sides after learning the truth from the people around, Mathias didn't ask and stayed at Isabel's side.
Euram called his soldiers and commanded them to attack Isabel, Mathias, Freyjadour and Lyon. After the battle, Isabel and Mathias joined in the Loyalist Army when Freyjadour offered it to them. After the war, he remained by Isabel's side until the end of his days.
Role in the Game
After saving Beaver Lodge from the Nether Gate, visit Estrise and go to Babbage's home. Mathias and Isabel will appear, then leave. Return to HQ and talk to Boz and Luserina. Agree to Euram's terms and play through the sub-plot.Note: You cannot recruit them after Godwin's troops pull out of Rainwall.
The Maximillian Knights share the most powerful single enemy unite attack in the game. Despite his appearance, Mathias is a pretty versatile fighter who is competent as both a fighter and a mage. He comes equipped with a powerful Cyclone Rune and eventually gets two extra rune slots. He also comes equipped with the Mow Down Signature skill which works well with his powerful weapon and and his heavy armor equipment pool. Due to having only one Skill slot available, it's important to decide early which route make Mathias as he gets high scores with several skills and thus access to a good variety of Epic Skills but it can be very expensive to raise all of them. Either way you build him, he's a competent and versatile fighter who works well with his partner Isabel or even in a well rounded team build.
- Head - Gained at Lv. 55
- R. Hand - Gained at Lv. 1
- L. Hand - Cyclone Rune
|Other 1||Mega Medicine|
|Other 2||Sacrificial Buddha|
|Other 4||Smelling Salts|
- Head - Heavy
- Body - Heavy
- Hand - Heavy
- Foot - Heavy
Weapon Type: Pike
Weapon Range: M
Weapon Starting Level: 1
Mathias gives the unit he accompanies two uses of the Charge ability. Also, if used as a second-in-command, he gives his military unit a +5 defense bonus.
- Mathias is Isabel´s slave -- Excuse me, "assistant." They came together all the way from the northern continent, but they´ve had no trouble fitting in around here.
- You or I might think his commitment to Isabel´s a little extreme, but he calls it "his sole reason for being." Go figure.
- When Mathias, Dinn and Rahal were training in the dojo, this huge crowd of women came to watch and caused a stir.
- Request for Permission
- Despite claiming to have no romantic attachment to Isabel, Mathias (who is from Warrior's Village) named his Pike after her. Something the men of Warrior's Village only do with the woman they love most in this world.