Profile[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Maximillian has grey hair, a mustache and a pointy beard. He wears a blue cape and have a golden bird emblem on his chest. He also wears a green pants and brown boots.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Story[edit | edit source]
Suikoden I[edit | edit source]
Suikoden II[edit | edit source]
He also participated in the Dunan Unification War, where he joined in the New State Army and helped Riou on his fight against the Highland Army. After the Dunan Unification War, he ended his long career as a knight in service of justice.
Role in the Game[edit | edit source]
Enter South Window any time after beating Luca Blight and choose the first option to have Max join you. Note: Do not choose the second option, "Don't waste your breath, old man.", upon being given the two options. If you do, Max will run off for good and you will not be able to recruit him again.
Maximillian is an Infantry Unit with 6 ATK and 7 DEF.
- Cavalry: Move in a 3-grid area.
"Unf... my days as a knight are over."
"Sancho! Sancho! Where is Sancho!"
- Secret: #1
From: Toran Republic
Position: Cavalry Captain
Note: Former commander of Maximillian Knights
- Secret: #2
- Secret: #3
- A knight's pledge
"All the way from Toran, he's a knight's knight and he's doing all right. It's Maximillian!!!!"
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Maximillian and his his squire Sancho are obvious references to Miguel de Cervantes' famous book Don Quixote.
- In the first Suikoden, Maximillian seems to be far more susceptible to death in Army Battles than the other characters. It's recommended to always know what the enemies next move is before using his unit.
- In Suikoden I, Max is one of the strongest characters in battles army, but in Suikoden II, his unit is one of the weakest of all the Allied army.
- Maximillian's military unit "Knight's Party" in Suikoden I is the most powerful unit in the game, with 30 attack power.
- During the battles army in Muse and Matilda, Max is located in frontlines. It's recommended to have Oulan, or add defense to his unit, otherwise Max could be defeated and die in battle.
References[edit | edit source]
|SUIKOGAIDEN Vol. 1|
|Sierra • Templeton • Wakaba • Teresa • Shin • Jude • Nina • Emilia • Jeane • Connell|
|Nanami • Kinnison • Shiro • Flik • Viktor • Leona • Clive • Hauser • Annallee • Hanna • Pilika • Dominguez • Jowy • Riou • Yuli • Elza • Ayda • Raura • Shilo • Gaspar • Mazus • Adlai • Hix • Tengaar • Hoi • Maximillian • Julie • Kahn Marley • Stallion • Georg • Lena • Sauro|
|Rean • Ayana • Rowd • Jillia • Luca • Seed • Culgan • Zaj • Kelley|
|Blue Moon Village • Muse • Muse-Highland Border • Greenhill|
|Golden Wolf • Music List • Returning Characters • Exclusive Characters • Characters Name|