Rowd born and raised in Kyaro Town. He volunteered for the army as a child soldier. Since his performance and grades were excellent, he was promoted to captain of the the Unicorn Youth Brigade that Riou and Jowy Atreides belonged to. Because of the things he said, he had a good reputation with the younger kids in the brigade, however the older ones, like Jowy and the Riou, were able to see through him and knew that what he said wasn't always true, or didn't match reality.
He was a man who would do anything to get ahead and was in contact with Luca Blight before the outbreak of the war. In battle, he showed complete cautiousness by always waiting and seeing, never going out on a sortie unless he enjoyed an overwhelming advantage over his opponents.
There is a rumor that he is the older brother to a young blind girl in Kyaro, however, it is not known for certain.
Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1
During the Dunan Unification War he was promoted, and was in charge during the siege of Greenhill. Eventually he was defeated by Greenhill's army volunteers led by Nash Latkje and Teresa Wisemail when they attacked his headquaters. He was rescued by the 4th Army, lead by Jowy.
To fabricate a reason to start a war with the City-States of Jowston, he led the Unicorn Youth Brigade to destruction with his own hands at Tenzan Pass. He later captured both of them when they returned to Kyaro, and tried to have them executed as spies. He was foiled, however, when Flik and Viktor appeared to rescue them.
As a result of his actions, Rowd took up positions such as Acting Corps Commander in the Highland Army. At the battle near Radat Town, he acted as a representative for Jowy, leading the 4th Army. However, he was never in command of the army himself. After the death of Luca Blight, Jowy Atreides, who was supposed to be his subordinate, became the king of Highland. Rowd feared for his safety and suddenly disappeared.
See: Rowd (Boss)
- In Genso Shinsho Volume 5, the blind girl in Kyaro is mentioned and discussed several times. When you first meet her, she mentions her older brother, and how he is working hard to gather money for her surgery, to be performed by a respected doctor in Toran (who is suspected to be Liukan). After the war is over, she is nowhere to be found, and it is rumored that Rowd fled to the south. So, many people believe that this girl was his sister. However, it is not confirmed.
- Genso Suikoden II 108 Stars Character Guide (Japanese) (page 227)
- Genso Suikoden Genso Shinsho Vol.5 (Japanese) (pages 38-39, 66-70)
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (Japanese) (page 297)
- Marugoto! Genso Suikoden Book (Japanese) (Character Archive, page 60)
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Daijiten (Japanese) (pages 229, 270)
|Genso Suikogaiden Vol. 1|
|Sierra • Templeton • Wakaba • Teresa • Shin • Jude • Nina • Emilia • Jeane • Connell|
|Nanami • Kinnison • Shiro • Flik • Viktor • Leona • Clive • Hauser • Annallee • Hanna • Pilika • Dominguez • Jowy • Riou • Yuli • Elza • Ayda • Raura • Shilo • Gaspar • Mazus • Adlai • Hix • Tengaar • Hoi • Maximillian • Julie • Kahn Marley • Stallion • Georg • Lena • Sauro|
|Rean • Ayana • Rowd • Jillia • Luca • Seed • Culgan • Zaj • Kelley|
|Blue Moon Village • Muse • Muse-Highland Border • Greenhill|
|Golden Wolf • Music List • Returning Characters • Exclusive Characters • Characters Name|