He is the son of the Middleport lord, Schtolteheim Reinbach II. He is kind, charismatic and enjoys the fancier things in life. He has a strong sense of duty, but he is a man who gives exaggerated attention to his personal appearance. In later years, his name was known far and wide, due to Micky's novel which is in the "The Rose Swordsman." Even the future generations know his name and is used as an alias in the first three in the series.
During the Island Liberation War, Reinbach III met Lazlo. As per his terms, he would join Lazlo, only if Lazlo got the Rose Crest on Nay Island from Gareth, and delivered it to him. After Lazlo obtained, and gave the Rose Crest to Reinbach III, Micky along with Reinbach III joined the group.
While Lazlo and Reinbach III, were walking at the Na-Nal beach side, they saw Millay, who was forcibly taken by the henchmen of the Middleport lord. After defeating the guards, they learned the truth as to why this young woman was taken by the henchmen. Reinbach III, has no interest in marrying her and made sure that it won't happen again.
While he was a member of the Island Liberation Navy, he encountered many different people and became very close with Charlemagne, another narcissist. After the war, through his brave, noble deeds, Reinbach III returns to Middleport with honor, where he succeeds his father.
At the Fall of Kooluk, his Rose Crest is stolen by a group of bandits. He sent Charlemagne to find it and take it back to him, but Charlemagne was having a hard time getting it back. Reinbach III got worried, and contacted the Middleport Quest Guild for more help. Kyril took up the mission, to help Reinbach III find the Rose Crest. Eventually, Kyril found the bandit at the same time Charlemagne did, the two join forces to retrieve the Rose Crest, after they defeated the bandit they took the Rose Crest back to Reinbach III.
After Reinbach III recieves his Rose Crest, he joined Kyril along with Charlemagne. Once the final Rune Cannon was destroyed he went back home. Upon his return to Middleport, he planted a commemorative rose bush to ensure that he not forget neither the battle with Kyril nor his friendship with Charlemagne.
Role in the GameEdit
After your audience with Schtolteheim Reinbach II, Reinbach and Micky will meet you at the docks of Middleport. They will ask to join you. After agreeing, go to Nay Island's Inn and speak with Gareth to retrieve Reinbach's Rose Crest. Return with the Rose Crest to Reinbach and they will join you.
Reinbach is a surprisingly competent fighter. Though he statistically average and has low MP growth, his Red Rose Rune gives him a means to do better damage frequently than his average nromal attack. His true strength lies in his two open rune slots that open him up for more flexibility. With the right runes equipped, he can be a powerful frontline fighter or even made into a competent support mage.
- Head - Red Rose Rune
- R. Hand -
- L. Hand -
Reinbach begins with the Red Rose Rune permanently attached, which is a nice attack to use instead of his regular attack. He eventually will open up two more rune slots as he levels, of which his rune affinities are for Fire and Wind. He has low MP growth though, so it may actually be better to give him an Earth Rune or Water Rune since they have useful level one and two spells. Another alternative is to to give Reinbach passive support runes like a Fury Rune and Double-Strike Rune to increase his physical power dramatically and make him more useful as a frontline fighter. A third option is to use him as a mule for useful runes like a Prosperity Rune or the Slash Rune.
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Silver Chain||Noble's Garb|
|Hand||Silver Bracers||Noble's Gloves|
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
Weapon Type: Sword
Reinbach can participate in the Love Love Attack.
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
Reinbach III: Ah, who could possibly understand the things I agonize about? Still, I shall take this as a good opporunity to reflect upon myself. Now, carry on...
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
Reinbach III: Let's see... Micky is... not taking very good care of me. It is troubling... He came aboard this ship with promises of caring for me... It is deplorable how he has seemingly broken that promise.
Reinbach III: He is a wonderful man. I would place him second to myself.
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
Reinbach III: I spend everyday reflecting upon myself in contrition. I spend my time diligently, so as not to trouble anyone else. Therefore, I would never need to apologize! You see?
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
Reinbach III: Splendid... This is the right result.
Reinbach III: ...!! ...!!! ...!!!! What is the meaning of this? This... What does this mean?!
My dear friend, do your best for everyone, but don't overwork yourself.
It seems he is writing for the newspaper. I hope everyone gets a chance to read it. I am sure it will make him quite pleased.
Complete the "Dear Friend..." guild quest [Rank D] by trading items for a Crystal Ball, and then stumbling onto a battle on the Terana Plains. Report back to Reinbach in the Middleport Inn and he will join you.
Reinbach is a good fighter-type character. His Red Rose Rune attacks can come in handy and each of which has a chance to inflict the Sleep status.
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Chain Mail||Venus Armor|
|Rose Crest||Strength Sash/Rose Crest|
|None||Tome of Black Arts|
|None||Killer Ring/Counter Ring|
|None||Hero's Cape/Magical Cape|
|None||Razril Knight Token|
|None||Dried Grass Amulet|
Skills: Suikoden Tactics
Here are the List of Skills that Reinbach III can learn.
•Narcissim •Counter Attack •Parry •Battle Lust •Bull's Eye
•Critical Hit •Dodge •Hidden Power •Extra Move •Godspeed •Jump
Reinbach III can participate in the Love Love Attack.
Permanent Death: Yes
I have been waiting for this moment.
please forgive me.
I can't go on...
This is as far as
I go, my friends...
Kyril can send him on a mission.
My dear friend...
At last a chance to show you
what I can do.
My report is as follows...
Well, mission accomplished.
Drat! What have I done?!
- Originally, his name was often used for humorous purposes in the first three Suikoden titles, but Reinbach III finally made his debut as a full character in Suikoden IV.
- In Suikoden, Viktor uses the fake name "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" while going through the Fortress of Kwaba, citing his occupation as "a poor jujube vendor with hungry kids waiting at home".
- In Suikoden II, Riou has the option to give Flik the fake name "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" (other options are "Bluto" and "Blue Thunder") just when trying to help Teresa escape Greenhill.
- In the North American version, it is instead "Sturtheim Reinbach III", as a typo.
- In Suikoden III, Chris has the option to call herself "Schtolteheim Reinbach III" when introducing herself to Yun in Chisha Village.
- In Suikoden IV, Lazlo has the option to introduce himself as Schtolteheim Reinbach III to Schtolteheim Reinbach II when he meets him in Middleport to discuss an alliance, despite the real one being in his company.
- Reinbach has one of the highest luck stats in the game, which makes him really useful for finding rare treasure in the net fishing game on the Dauntless.
- On the Dauntless, he is always lying on the couch because he was experiencing seasickness.