Sigurd is a pirate, rival of Hervey and a loyal servant of Kika. He is calm and stuffy, but later on the game Kika mention that he is not as stuffy anymore. His rivalry with Hervey, is a positive thing for him, it keeps him on his toes.
Sigurd has black hair and black eyes. He uses Throwing Knife as his weapon.
In Suikoden Tactics and Genso Suikoden Pachisuro his physical appearance doesn't change.
Suikoden Tactics (Prelude)Edit
Before the Island Liberation War, in his early years, Sigurd was under the employ of Schtolteheim Reinbach II of Middleport. Reinbach II had been dealing in the production and sales of rune cannons (possibly even to the Kooluk Empire). Sigurd had been charged with the task of eliminating any seemingly upstanding individual who sought to uncover the true nature of the Rune Cannons and the operation.
During a surprise attack by the pirate Steele, Sigurd and Hervey are rescued by Brandeau and Edgar of the Nest of Pirates. He left his current employer, Reinbach II and decided to stay at Kika's side and cause for his current employer to put a price on his head. He and Hervey are sworn a life of service to lady Kika.
During the Island Liberation War, he joined the Island Liberation Navy along with Hervey, Dario, Nalleo and Kika. Under Kika's request, he helped Razro to recruit Elenor Silverberg for their cause. After the war, as a loyal friend of Kika, he vowed to spend the rest of his life on sea.
At the Fall of Kooluk, together with Hervey, he joined Kika and Kyril's group in search for Rune Cannons and to destroy Evil Eye. While he was with Kyril's group, he and Hervey look after Nalleo and trained him. Once the search for the Rune Cannon is over, he continued serving Kika until she died.
Role in the GameEdit
Sigurd is a long range mage hybrid who does good with both regular attacks and magical onee, and who has high speed. His stats growths can be a bit weird, however, for his magic attribute can sometimes being behind others hybrid within a certain level range, while ahead of them in others. Nevertheless, he is a very solid character from the moment he joins and will provide valuable support to any party. He has high affinity with the water element, and above average with wind. It is probably best to only give him one of the 2 while using his other rune slots for passive runes.
|Starting Equipment||Best Equipment|
|Other 1||none||Power Rings|
|Other 2||none||Power Rings|
|Other 3||none||Power Rings|
|As Captain of the Ship|
|If Defeated by Rune Cannon:|
|"That was pathetic..."|
|If Defeated by Bording or Surrender:|
|"We will concede..."|
|As Rune Cannon Gunner|
Weapon Type: Darts
Weapon Starting Level: 4
|Name||Steel Blade||Sheen Blade||Golden Blade|
- Keen: You have done well by coming here. In this room, you may confess what is in your heart and accept proper judgement.
- Sigurd: O-Okay...
- Keen: Would you secretly inform me about anyone on board this ship who you think is causing problems?
- Sigurd: Problems, you ask? Let me think... When it comes to problems, that would be Dario... He always does whatever he pleases and leaves Lady Kika to pay the consequences. Something must be done!
- Sigurd: Sir Razro? Let me think... He does not seem to have a very favorable impression of pirates... That is slightly awkward for me.
- Keen: Finally, quietly confess the things you wish to atone for, or all the things that you are thankful for.
- Sigurd: I... once belonged to the fleet of Middleport long ago. We were only a fleet by name. Yet, we were no different from pirates. However, we acted under the lord's orders. There was an accident and I left. That was when Lady Kika saved my life. However, if they learn that I am alive, they may come after me, fearing that I will leak the fleet's secrets... I believe I am causing unnecessary trouble for everyone due to that...
- Keen: Then, I shall pass judgement!
- Sigurd: ... Are you sure... that someone like me should be forgiven?
- Sigurd: Whaaaaaa!! ... Well, that was not surprising...I must not be someone who can be forgiven so easily...
Lady Kika has told me to come over here for a while. I look forward to working with you.
Not all pirates are bad people.
If you visit the Nest of Pirates during Chapter 10 on a Fire or Water day, Hervey and Sigurd will join you. If you visit on a Earth or Wind day, you'll get Dario and Nalleo instead, but you can return to pick up the other two after Chapter 14.
|Starting Equipment||Recommended Equipment|
|Body||Chain Mail||Master Garb/Guardian Vestment/Phantasmal Coat|
|Hand||None||Hand of God/Pirate King Bracers|
|None||Strength Sash/Berserker Belt|
|None||Tome of Black Arts|
|None||Killer Ring/Counter Ring|
|None||Hero's Cape/Magical Cape|
|None||Razril Knight Token|
|None||Dried Grass Amulet|
|None||Simeon's Spell Book|
Skills: Suikoden Tactics
Here are the List of Skills that Sigurd can learn.
•Sniper •Battle Lust •Bull's Eye •Dodge •Mind's Eye
•Hidden Power •Extra Move •Jump •Guard
|Name||Steel Blade||Sheen Sword||N/A|
Permanent Death: Yes
Leave it to me.
You sure you don't need me?
I'm out. Sorry!
Forgive me, guys!
Kyril can send him on a mission.
Understood. I'll take care of it.
This is what I have to report...
That worked out nicely.
Please forgive me.
- Sigurd has the highest Magic Defense stat in Suikoden Tactics.
|Razro • Kika • Hervey • Sigurd • Viki • Jeane • Mitsuba|
|Genso Suikoden Pachisuro|