During the Sun Rune War, Freyjadour Falenas and Bernadette Egan met Yahr and Nelis on Nirva Island's Inn. When Freyjadour and Bernadette were leaving, Yahr and Nelis stopped to ask if they could ride the Elemark with them. During their travels they saw a rune shell fire and decided to follow where it came from. They wandered around and found the Ship Graveyard, where they fought a Dagon. After defeating it, they discovered the Kerzalik Ship which was lost sixty years ago. Once inside, the travelers found three lost pirates who were seeking help because they had been stranded on the Ship's Graveyard for quite some time.
Nelis decided to check the Rune Cannons and discovered the the Rune Cannon was actually in good condition, but suddenly the Dagon they fought earlier was still alive and was out to attack the group, as well as the Elemark Ship. Freyjadour and Yahr quickly decided to use the rune cannon right away, in order to stop and destroy the foul beast before it attacked the Elemark. After the events, Freyjadour suggested to destroy the rune cannon, Yahr agreed with the decision. When they went back to land, Freyjadour asked them to join in his Loyalist Army. Yahr and Nelis accepted Freyjadour's offer and aided him in his battle against Godwins. After the war, he returns to the Island Nations, sneaks into the armory, destroys all the Rune shells, and disappears without a trace.
Role in the GameEdit
After the coronation ceremony/HQ upgrade (combined scene), return there with Bernadette and look at the cannons on the Lino En Kuldes. Afterwards, head into the Inn and talk with Yahr and Nelis. Take the ship back to Estrise, and the two will join. Offer to check out the Rune shell, and go through the ship graveyard. Suggest use of the rune cannon to defeat the monster during the quest, and choose to destroy the Rune Cannon, and, back at Nirva Island, Yahr and Nelis will join.
Yahr's stats aren't great but his high Speed allows good combos while his Angry Dragon Rune is simple and effective. He can both attack and cast effective magic, but doesn't excel at either. Equipping a fury rune allows him to use his angry dragon attack every turn although it lowers his accuracy. So players usually have 2 options on how to use him:
- Equip the Fury rune to him so he can launch Angry dragon every turn with a risk of accuracy penalty.
- Instead of Fury rune, use Boost Rune and Double Edge or Power Rune so his Angry Dragon will act like an once-per-battle burst attack with no penalty (any of the forementioned runes makes Yahr's attacks stronger than Fury Rune does)
- Head - Medium
- Body - Chain
- Hand - Medium
- Foot - Medium
Yahr can equip Samurai Set.
Weapon Type: Twin Swords
Weapon Range: S
Weapon Starting Level: 1
Yahr commands a three-star infantry unit on land and a combat ship on water. He has one use of the Charge ability. If Yahr is put in the same unit as Bernadette and Nelis they form the Island Nations unit.
- Yahr´s an Island Nations Federation soldier with a special assignment: He finds and gathers Rune shells. At first, he did it on his own, but they just assigned Nelis to work with him.
- So he found a Rune shell, then destroyed it. Hmm, first time for everything. No way he did it on purpose... Although now I´m hearing that he hasn´t turned in the other shells he found...
- He said he knew about Nelis´ family history.
- Puppet Shows
You might think I'm too old for it, but I really enjoy that girl's puppet shows. Especially around here. She's good for morale.
- The Armed Merchant Fleet
When I was a kid, there were rumors in the Island Nations about a merchant fleet that could shame the pirates. The man who headed the fleet was named 'Sai' something, but ... Nah, it couldn't be...