Yuber is the Tenyu Star in Suikoden III. He had been present in many major wars through the history of the Northern Continent. His nature is unknown, but it appears that his objective is to spread chaos.
He is a ruthless and cruel figure, who only fights because he wants blood and slaughter, so he is sometimes called a “non-human being.” However, his intentions and goals are entirely unknown. He is repeatedly involved in conflicts surrounding the true runes.
He has both formidable sword skills and magical power, and bears the Eightfold Rune, a True Rune of unknown capabilities. While he has the power to summon powerful monsters, such as the Bone Dragon which appeared in Greenhill during the Dunan Unification War, it is unclear whether that power stems from the True Rune or some other source.
In Suikoden and Suikoden II, Yuber wears heavy black armor that is very similar to the armor worn by his pursuer, Pesmerga. This armor is mostly black, with large spikes sticking out from the shoulders. He also wears a large black horned helmet, with noticeable long blond hair that is not tied up.
In Suikoden III, Yuber has changed his appearance, the only similar thing about him being his blond hair, this time in a 4-strand braid. He now wears a long black coat and pants, with a black fedora.
He is a demon or devil that vehemently hates the true runes, and desires to bring destruction and confusion to the world. He steals the lives away from others, quenches his thirst by listening to the agony of death, and so on. He is surrounded by an aura of evilness and strangeness that means he cannot be considered human. He is repeatedly involved in conflicts surrounding the true runes, and he showed up in the Toran Liberation War and Dunan Unification War, producing tragic events.
Little else is known about Yuber or his origins save that he bears a connection to the Black Knight Pesmerga, who pursues Yuber throughout Suikoden and Suikoden II. Pesmerga describes Yuber as “Demon, my destined opponent, a shadow.” The meaning of that expression may be confirmed at the next, or even the next war.
During the Toran Liberation War, Tir, Viktor, Cleo, and a young Ted, encounter him in a vision of the past the Star Dragon Sword's curse sent them to. He went to the Village of the Hidden Rune with Windy and Neclord. Ordered to stand on guard, Yuber's presence was unknown until he set the village on fire when the chief continued to deny them access to the Soul Eater. As the group tried to escape with the young Ted in tow, Yuber threatened to kill them, only to be stopped by Neclord upon the summoning of Lady Windy. He is later seen leading the final defense of Gregminster against the Toran Liberation Army. After the end of the war, the whereabouts of his employer Windy were unknown, and since he had no loyalty to the Empire, he disappeared from the former Empire in search of the next battlefield.
In the Dunan Unification War, he was sent for by the Highland Kingdom's strategic Leon Silverberg and he exhibited his unfathomable power under Jowy Atreides. He appeared in Greenhill during the liberation of the city and summoned the Bone Dragon, which was destroyed by Riou and his party. He continued to help the Highland Army with others war battles, but after the end of the war, he disappeared off to somewhere.
In Suikoden III, he met Luc because of Albert Silverberg’s contact (Albert knew of Yuber from his grandfather Leon Silverberg). He agreed with Luc’s goal of destroying the true runes, and cooperated in the plan. The assassination of Zepon, the attack on the Karaya Village, and more, he spread the sparks of destruction across the Grasslands. He has formidable sword skills, and harasses the fire bringer members many times, he was defeated by Geddoe at the ceremonial site and left. What happened after that is unknown, but there are rumors that he was spotted among those suspicious looking people that pouring out of the crumbling ruins.
See also: Yuber (Boss)
Role in the Game
Yuber's unit has 16 ATK and 12 DEF.
- Cavalry - Move in a 3-grid area.
"I owe nothing more. Farewell."
"You have slain me..."*
Yuber joins automatically during Chapter 6. You must have all other (104) Stars of Destiny recruited.
Yuber is an offensive beast. He only gets one Unique Skill, which is Heavy Damage, but he also can get it to Rank A. His Accuracy is Rank S, and his Swing and Repel are both Rank A, as well as a B+ in Damage. This allows Yuber to cause devestating damage to anyone he is facing. Often times, Yuber can actually finish off most of the party's enemies before even Luc or Sarah can cast their spells. Combining this with his decent magic attribute, Yuber is a very flexible character and easily the best damage dealer in the game.
Yuber has no known unite attacks.
|Name||Crimson||Death Crimson||King Crimson|
Yuber is a pretty decent mage who gets a B+ in both Fire and Lightning Magic so he's pretty good with his Thunder Rune. He gets an A ranking in Sword of Magic as well. Since he gets a third rune slot and his Thunder Rune can be removed, Yuber has some good customization options, especially when you factor in some of the overpowered runes available in regular shops during the chapter he's available in. A Fury Rune is especially recommended to boost his considerable attack power.
- Yuber has a form of heterochromia iridum, which is an ocular anomaly where a person has two different eye colors. In Yuber's case, he has two different types of eyes. One is normal and is gray colored, while the other has a cat like-slitted iris and is red.
- Cleo and Geddoe, both, comment how he is not human. Yuber refers to himself as non-human too.
- During major battles in Suikoden III, Yuber is usually the main target to defeat in order to achieve victory.
- If Yuber is soundly defeated in a regular battle, he may call the player a Cheat or a Cheater. The player has to cheat in order to win most of the regular battles against Yuber (except for the final one, where Yuber is probably going easy and is not actually killed, only warps away after the defeat), so Yuber knowing it might have something to do with Hachifusa's true power.
- In Suikoden III, he radically changed his appearance from the previous wars to eliminate his tracks from Pesmerga, proven by the fact that Pesmerga does not appear in Suikoden III.
- Genso Suikoden III Konami Official Guide Perfect Conquest Edition (Japanese) (pages 45, 439, 508)
- Genso Suikoden Encyclopaedia (Japanese) (pages 214, 289-290)
- Genso Suikoden Kiwami Daijiten (Japanese) (pages 108-109, 226-227, 366, 368)
- Genso Suikoden Genso Shinsho Vol.12 (Japanese) (pages 9, 11, 45)